Her Birthday

 OMG! Why the hell do I have to always go late on her birthday when she hates it "  Rudra thinking in his mind.

It is Aish's birthday and she has been at home the whole day waiting for me and here I am stuck at work and won't be able to reach home by 9 pm. 

Now, I am not sure what to do. Why does this happen to me always :(  " sighs Rudra. 

And there is nothing I can do about it except for unconditional apologizing irritated Rudra said to himself. 

I can't even deliver flowers, jewelry, and cards because Aish is different, she doesn't like this she just wants me and my time and I am really lucky that I have her in my life, she is a blessing for me.

Yesterday she has asked me to take leave for a day but I couldn't,   Rudra was mumbling and cursing himself while packing his laptop in hurry. There was a lot of thoughts which was running in his head such as Do I really deserve such a beautiful soul, I am no good for her, I never tried to make her feel special or I have never gone one extra step to make her happy, She doesn’t wish anything superficial or any materialistic pieces of stuff, she wants only one thing and that is Me and my time even which I am not able to give her, what kind of senseless person I am.

Today is a big day and I will be late on that too, Oh God, please help me.

These are the times Rudra felt he has not been good enough for Aish thinking this he went down memory lane. He has never been a good match for Aishani not studied much, had started his career early without much formal education whereas Aishani was well educated and well placed in her career how messed up he was every time she wanted to include hin in her group and her birthdays always topped the drama in their life. 

"Rudra”  -  He was startled by Rohit's call who was looking at him surprised.  

Rudra what are you thinking asked his colleague Rohit who just saw Rudra smiling and talking to himself. 

Rudra smiled and said "Rohit, It’s Aishani's Birthday today and I am yet to finish my work and I don't know how am I going to handle her.

Rohit smirked. Oh only God can help you dude, Run Faster and beat the Usain bolt, he said while laughing at Rudra. He somehow controlled his laughter and said make sure you call me if she beats you up. I will be happy to help her  :). 

Rudra smiled and said "Dude you really don't know me I am a good player and got some amazing survival skills and with help of these skills  I have survived major goof-ups in my life, the current situation is nothing in front of me, what I have goofed up and survived in the past.

And then he enthusiastically asks Rohit to sit beside him by waving his hand come to listen to the greatest syapa in my life. 

So it was Aishani's birthday and I had already done the planning had asked my sis to make wax idols since Aishani loves handmade stuff. The only thing left was a card which I thought I will buy on the way to her house but nothing happens as planned for me, as usual, I got late and real late so asked a friend of mine to get a birthday card for my girlfriend.

Oh, that’s a dare ! said Rohit rolling his eyes.

Yes, It was a hell of a dare and that’s just the starting let me complete. " 

So, I went there with the card and she had all her friends around and she opened the gift as expected of her and it turned out to be a musical card with some crappy old song, Can you imagine ?

And what did you do then asked Rohit?

I was embarrassed as hell, went out, and thinking I am never gonna meet her again. Again my survival instinct took over and I remembered the statement every incident is an opportunity you either make it or break it and here I was trying desperately to make it.

I went back into the room asked Aishani to open the card in front of me knowing its a hell of a lot of embarrassment for me. 

I insisted she opened and laughed out loud and  I was mesmerized by her cute face and the laughter there those words automatically came out which saved me but believe me I really meant them then and now. I said “Aishani, your laughter and smile make this card special. On your big day I wanted to let you know that your laughter and smile are precious even if it is at my expense. This is my treasure.  Preserve this. It’s precious.” 

"WOW" Screamed Rohit it was a close save.

Rudra said I don’t know but I still believe I was right at that moment.

His phone buzzed again then Rudra took leave from Rohit and rushed into the lift  to go home.

Rohit was smiling ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Girl

I Miss you but I dont want you back ...